Congratulations you are about to start your decorating project, before your project begins, please take a few minutes to read the installation instructions below to make the installation process as easy as possible.
How to Install Peel and Stick Backsplash Tile
What You'll Need
• An all-purpose wall cleaner
• A small towel or cloth
• A sharp scissors or craft knife
• A Pencil or a chalk
• A ruler
1. Clean the surface
Clean up stains and powder on the wall as an essential prep step, always clean your backsplash area to remove grease and any other residue. After the area gets dry, you can start working.
2. Measure The Wall
To ensure proper alignment of your peel and stick tiles, use a pencil or chalk to mark your guide line to indicate where your tiles will be placed.
3. Cut The Tile
To create a straight edge, place the tile on your cutting mat. Use your box cutter and ruler as your guide to cut a straight line. and the cutting method depends on the tile material. For example, simple scissors will cut vinyl tile, while harder materials can require a utility knife.
4. Peel, stick and Press
Simply fold back half of the protective backing of your peel and stick tiles. Make sure you don’t touch the adhesive portion. Align the adhesive portion with the guide lines you drew earlier and press down to ensure a good attachment.
- Please consider 3-5% cutting loss and purchase enough tiles at a time to make sure they come from the same batch to avoid slight color difference.
- Use a level or chalk line to create at least one vertical and one horizontal reference lines to guide tile placement.
- Reinforce with a laminated roller after installation.
- Recommend to use tile trim and caulk (or glass glue) if contact with water.
- For rough surfaces and heavily textured walls, please follow the instructions:
1.Sand the surface with sander or spackling paste
2.Clean the wall with a damp cloth
3.Wait until the wall is totally dry
3.Spray the adhesive more on the joint area on both wall and tiles